We moved to a new house with a well. Now we've been colonized by a new bacteria that is rather unpleasant. You can smell the off-putting smell in the basement, and my wife has been colonized more prominently than the rest of us. It's not just surface body odor, but it is internal as well. You can smell it on her breath. Do you think getting a reverse osmosis system will reduce the number of these bacteria that we're ingesting and thereby decrease the unpleasant body odor eventually?
Hi Brian, that is strange to hear. If the smell is coming from the breath, then it might have to do with the digestive tract. Did your dietary habits change? Is there too much chlorine in the water? Or is there an overgrowth of yeasts in the gut? Try to reduce the sugar and carbohydrate intake to verify if the odor persists or not. I wouldn't think it is something bacterial, because the stomach is pretty efficient in killing bacteria. If the problem persists - please reach out to your doctor. Best, Chris
Please login or Register to submit your answer